13 June 2009

@ Calandia checkpoint

After half an hour of pushing our backpack few millimeters ahead, trying to ignore the ugly smell of the women in front and the sighs of the guy in the back, listening to a panicking Dutch guy who is refused to pass and the endless comments of the people in the cue on that.
After half an hour of listening to the Israeli soldier yelling crappy Arab through the worst imaginable speakers, being pushed in between iron bars not unlike a pig farm, checking out and being checked out by countless American girls covered with a veil but full of make-up.
After half an hour when I finally arrive at the x-ray machine and the office with the yelling Israeli soldier in it and I'm struggling to get my passport out, mind my luggage and remain sanity at the same time the soldier smiles at me, beaming with happiness. I ask her what she needs from me, if my passport is ok like this but she keeps smiling, looks up from behind her bullet proof window and yells through the speakers: YOU ARE SO TALL!

No comments: