13 October 2008

tips n tricks

I was to develop 3 concepts for a game. the client is a big firm, grey suit environment. Last week was the presentation. One of my ideas was great, I was personally in love with it. The two others were so so, nothing new but supposed to be great fun.

I presented the 3 concepts. My favorite idea brought sparkles in the eyes of my audience. They laughed. Then they started looking grave. There were hundred reasons why this couldn't work. Too complicated. Too much involvement required. Too expensive.

Eventually I was told to develop one of the safer options. Wouldn't that just be the best thing? All the good aspects of the risky idea could go into the safe option.

Lesson: While presenting your ideas, do keep in mind the audience and their perception, their reasoning. It's easier to change my presentation than to change their mindset when I want to push my ideas...

1 comment:

Inga Auðbjörg said...

True... They're wusses...