14 September 2008

once upon a time in week two


Once upon a time we had our first week of process design. First came Kirstin from Arhus to teach us the basics of process. What it is, where we want to take it personally. Then came Charley from Brixton to teach us all about storytelling. As always, our learnings were mixed. While trying to focus on a model or tool, we came across a lot of things that needed to be discussed within our own team.

Through a story telling tool that we learned and applied to our team, I learned to phrase my reason for being at school. "Acquiring the balls to do what am here for." Simple as that!

And then I learned that in order to do a proper process, it needs a bit more preparation than i gave it this week, and that i need to give people time to think, feel and close their eyes.

On Friday we took time to 'meet' each other again. Some things needed to be said or asked amongst ourselves in order to go on. We sat, held hands and talked one on one until all heaviness was cleared. I realized that my team is the basis for my work and that it needs attention in the same way you care for your home. It has to be proper, tidy, organized, warm and comfortable in order to feel really at home. I had been running after my own needs outside of my home, and it was high time to dedicate energy to all individuals and the team as a whole. The assignment of meeting each other came at the very right time therefore. Many people still feel that they don't really know me, and the same goes the other way around. How a whole year can pass by without meeting someone for who he is!

Am learning to bargain about my wages for a new job that I'm going to do at Ordina. It's exciting, scary, and about time that I start doing it.

We ended the week with a party to welcome team 2. I never saw so many lunatics together in one room... Is that a learning too?

No comments: